The word of the day. Workflow. A word we hope holds some magic.
You’re in your office right now and maybe it’s been a long day, so you wave your hands in front of your computer screen with some PIXEL (pixie!) dust and the work in your office starts moving quicker. Smoother. The work just starts to flow…
Your team is equipped with the tools to make their job effortless. Less data entry and less chance for data errors, so they’re freed up to do the tasks that really require their intuition and human touch. Their job can be more fulfilling and rewarding! Win-win in today’s labor shortage. Keep your good employees.
Workflow on a team is key.
Businesses can feel it. Teams can feel it. You know if you have it.
Wikipedia says it’s, “A workflow consists of an orchestrated and repeatable pattern of activity, enabled by the systematic organization of resources into processes that transform materials, provide services, or process information.”
If you don’t have it, how do you get more workflow?
Here are a few steps to understand your businesses workflows:
- Define regular patterns of activity at your business (receiving, shipping, customer service calls, etc.).
- Determine the teams that work with these activities (make a list of their names!).
- List the data is passed between the teams (i.e., invoices, receipts, contracts, drawings, customer service logs, etc.).
- Draw a picture depicting how the information moves from one group to the next.
- Share your images with key stakeholders at your business and implement a plan to make this transfer of information quicker, safer, and paperless!
So if the purpose of workflow is to achieve some desired result, understanding your business’s key workflows and learning how to continuously improve them, can be transformational.
Teams collaborating. Remotely. From anywhere in the world. No more file cabinets. No more piles of paper.
Workflow happens seamlessly online. Transfer of information is effortless. We have a video example here.
Hope this information inspired you to take a new look at your systems and continuously look for ways to improve workflows that will ultimately drive your ROI.
About the Author:
Stephanie is the marketing guru at Dash. For over 20 years, Dash has been authoring, delivering, and supporting Dash DDX™, its ERP-integrated Document Automation software to small and mid-sized manufacturing and distribution companies throughout the USA and beyond.
Excited about what you read? We want to hear from you! Let’s chat! Fill out our form and we’ll be in touch!
Sign up to follow blog posts from Dash